While we try to have as few rules as possible, the Contact Centre is used by several families at the same time, so consideration for the comfort and safety of all users is important. Therefore we ask families to follow these guidelines:
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children whilst at the Centre and also for personal belongings. The Centre cannot accept any responsibility.
- Resident parents must wait with their children until the contact parent arrives. A separate waiting room is available for this purpose.
- Do not bring alcohol. No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be admitted to the Centre. The Centre is also a “No Smoking” building.
- Mobile phones must be turned to silent whilst in the Centre.
- No photography is allowed within the centre save with the permission of the Coordinator
- The Centre does not carry out “supervised contact” in the legal sense of the word.
Before contact is finally approved, both parents will need to attend the Centre separately for a pre-contact meeting with the Coordinator.
The adults/children attending will be restricted to those specified in a Court Order or as agreed between the parties involved and the Coordinator.